When Ubuntu 14.04 was released on Thursday, I could have written an in-depth review of the new version of the operating system, complete with screenshots, pros and cons, etc. Just like everybody else.
I decided to rather stand on the shoulders of giants and collect the best articles on the new version for you to read.
Ubuntu 14.04 is an LTS release, which means that it is supported for 5 years, up till April 2019. Note that this is ONLY Ubuntu, not Kubuntu, Xubuntu or any of the other Ubuntu derivatives. They all only have 3 years of support, up till April 2017.
Now, without further ado, and in no particular order, some of the best articles on this new version of Ubuntu and friends.
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) review: Solid and stable, but no big changes
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: The Good, the Bad and the Awesome
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Released, See What's New [Video, Screenshots]
- See What's New In The 14.04 Release Of Lubuntu, Kubuntu And Ubuntu GNOME
- Ubuntu 14.04 review: comparison with Mac OSX and KDE’s Plasma
- 10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- 10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr To Get A Near Perfect Desktop
Have you upgraded yet? What do you think?